Thursday, June 21, 2012

Last Night in Norway

Well this is the last evening in Norway, June 21st.  The longest day of the year.  Can't complain even though hard to go to sleep when still sunny it's better than the other way around.  Weather going from 60 degrees to 97 in Houston when I'm scheduled to land June 22.  We had a big gathering last night at a place owned and run by a transplanted Texan who runs an award-winning barbeque place in Stavanger.  He had a bumper sticker on his pickup truck (a rarity over here) that said "I didn't get to the top of the food chain to become a vegetarian".  We got to help make the dinner and it was all quite tasty though the clothes I had on (now packed into suitcase with other clothes) are soaked in smoked mesquite smell and will inevitably contaminate the whole bag now. 

Ok, I'm trying to catch some sleep before take-off - set to wake up around 4am.  Talk to you all soon!

Love, Paul

2 comments:

  1. Well, how 'bout that! You found another Texan in Norway! That was a fine way to end your stay there with a taste of home. Praying that you have a safe, uneventful trip home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I lost about six pounds on my second trip to Norway but with the last night bar bq, then first class flight food and a couple days around the house I'm pretty sure I gained it all back.

    ReplyDelete