Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Arrived this morning

Trip over went just fine - goes very fast in business class.  Had to wait a couple hours to get keys to the flat but now I"m pretty settled in.  Days are long already though still a little rain and chilly but not bad.  Was reading the Lonely Planet guidebook to Norway on the plane and noted it said going to Norway was a "trip of a lifetime".  Well, I've been there three times in three months so I'm not sure about that.  It also mentions how Norway is one of the most expensive countries in the world, but lest they discourage their clientele they follow that up with "but Norway will pay you back with never to be forgotten experiences many times over".  Now let's not go overboard guys lol. 

Visited a grocery here today and they not only charge you for number of bags you use...they also make you do the bagging! Noted probably better to make more frequent visits with fewer groceries.

I went by what appears to be the only Catholic church in Stavanger this afternoon across the street from my apartment. There were no signs but it was definitely a church and was undergoing massive renovations - the entire church is covered in scaffolding - maybe it's new and just being built - but I highly doubt it.  I'm staying the city centre and there's not much new here.  The church I can see from window was built in 1100's.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it safely and are getting settled. Enjoying the blog.

    ReplyDelete